umby
  • umby
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2017-02-07T19:46:17Z
Hi,

I was just wondering if the ibox apps available for sideloading on your site are up to date?
The Android App for mobile is version 5.0, which does not seem to include Chromecast support (I believe that feature was added late last year).
The TV version of the App seems to have some rendering issues on RTE 1 and 2 HD for me (freezing, loss of quality), even though I have a very fast internet connection. Could it be that the sideload version on your site is also not up to date?
I use a Fire TV, so sideloading is essential.

All the best,
Umby
IBOX-rover
2017-02-20T18:43:30Z
Hi Umby,

Thanks for the feedback. We've recently updated the mobile Android app on our sideloading page. The TV app should be up to date also.

On the subject of RTE 1 & 2, we've made some changes to the encoding on those channels, which hopefully will improve the situation on the Fire TV box, if you'd like to try again.

Rover
umby
  • umby
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2017-02-26T11:34:24Z
Hi Rover,

Chromecasting is now working beautifully from the sideloaded Android App. 100% reliable picture on all channels, including RTE 1 HD and RTE 2 HD on my Chromecast 2.

The Fire TV box has become a lot better since those changes were made. However, there are still frequent glitches and occasional freezing, particularly in the first minutes of loading a channel, but also intermittently afterwards. This tends to make me switch to the Chromecast streams, which work flawlessly. This is a pity as the Fire TV box is such a great platform for iBox.

I tested over several days on the Fire TV, but those two channels remain problematic (RTE 1HD, RTE 2 HD). Would be great if it could be tweaked a little more.

All the best,
Umby